VP, Assay Development Platforms
VP, Assay Development Platforms
Abcam has ambitious plans to grow both organically and by selected acquisitions and partnerships, with a view to doubling their scale by 2023.
As a result, a new global leadership position has arisen for the role of VP, Assay Development Platforms. The VP, Assay Development Platforms will lead a global team to discover, develop and provide high-quality assays and tools which are essential in a wide range of fields and applications including drug discovery, diagnostics, and basic research. This includes setting product quality and performance standards, evaluating strategies that will ensure successful development of new assays and platforms, improving our processes and building new capabilities.
Reporting directly to Abcam’s Senior Vice-President, R&D, as a member of her senior leadership team this is an exciting opportunity to build and lead a global team of to ensure Abcam executes faultlessly on its strategic scientific, commercial, and business change commitments, delivering exceptional single and multiplex assays that help life scientists worldwide achieve their research missions, faster.
Ideally the role would be based in Waltham, US. Other US locations may be considered.
Roles & responsibilities:
Leads development of customer focussed in-house, immuno-assays, cellular and multiplex assays across multiple platforms
Leading and managing the R&D assay development team, working with Commercial partners to deliver new products to agreed specifications.
Contribute to R&D strategy and delivery of company goals
Work with the SVP of R&D and SVP of marketing to design and lead an assay platform pipeline process to define commercial innovation priorities.
Provide scientific and technical leadership to drive the development of Abcam’s assay development platform teams, driving projects and opportunities to optimise our processes in speed, output and quality. Building on existing and championing adoption of industry standard approaches.
Deliver and participate in an effective stakeholder communication strategy, including participation at leadership team and cross-functional meetings
- Have a PhD qualification in a life science discipline with broad practical knowledge of the life science tools and reagents space, with particular focus on multiplexing technologies and platforms
- 15+ years in Assay development industry
- Recognized leader in scientific specialty as evidenced by publications, participation in international conference, membership on journal editorial boards, etc.
- Evidence of leading Product Development in a commercial organization developing, marketing, and selling research reagents.
- Experience of setting strategy and monitoring delivery
- Experience of leading global teams, working with leaders to set goals and standards to effect delivery against strategy
- A team player, able to work cross-functionally
- Ability to distil complex scientific problems to end-to-end solutions, enabling cross-functional communications and understanding with both scientific and non-scientific stakeholders
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share plan, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, generous PTO), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.