Job Title: UI/UX Designer
About the role
We are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to take full responsibility of the UI/UX design of our digital products, including but not limited to WeChat, App and website.
Our ideal candidate is a creative and experienced digital product designer to provide premium-user-experience solution, preferably with UI/UX background. You should be able to work closely with China digital team and global design team, and continuous delivery on sprint basis. You should be willing to learn new things – and you are always ready to walk the extra mile to ensure a high-quality product.
Ultimately, you should be able to expand our company’s digital footprint and brand awareness.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Engage with business stakeholders and product manager, understand their requirement on product design and user experience;
- Communicate with global design team to align company design guideline, updates and feedback;
- Facilitate user case and low fidelity prototype creation, gathering product, system and application knowledge to develop a targeted user experience;
- Prepare high fidelity interactive design for digital product development;
- Develop concepts for user interfaces, including test and validation of wireframes and prototypes;
- Work closely with China digital team in an iterative/agile manner to dramatically improve the prototypes in a short time;
- Develops understanding of the end users of the website/application through secondary and primary research (user interviews, traffic data). Capable of generating user personas and user scenarios;
- Able to explain design philosophy verbally and in writing;
- 2~5 years formal industry/professional experience as a digital product designer, experienced in web, mobile and WeChat design;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Good eye for aesthetics: layout, grid systems, color theory and typography;
- Strong understanding of mobile platforms, WeChat and website, as well as understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ideas to flex those boundaries;
- Familiar with Adobe creative suite, Sketch （not must, have that in DK）, Invasion and similar tools;
- Communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time;
- High interest to interact with end-user, customers and colleagues;
- Interest in digital product development and eager to learn new trends with a sense of creativity;
- Formal education in interaction design (Bachelor's/Master's) is a definite plus.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.