Trade Compliance Administrator
Role: Trade Compliance Administrator
Location: Cambridge, UK
About the role
This position will be responsible for applying for import and export licenses and monitoring and optimising international shipments.
This vital role will work across the business to provide operational support to a busy trade compliance department by liaising with UK regulatory agencies such as DEFRA, Chamber of Commerce, APHA Border Control Posts as well as with customs brokers and internal stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with import/export permits and licenses
- Apply for movement certificates, certificates of origin and legalised documents
- Produce customs documentation for international shipments
- Apply for export health certificates
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain country of origin documentation
- Assist with auditing of customs entries in line with customs compliance best practices.
You have experience working in an office-based role, ideally within Customer Service, Logistics or Trade Compliance department. We look for people with strong communication skills and for someone who is prepared to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems
- Solid time management skills
- Experience of working with MS Office, particularly Excel and Outlook
- Good interpersonal skills, especially ability to communicate externally with customs brokers and internally with colleagues both locally and overseas.
- Experience of working in Trade Compliance or Logistics is desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Experience meeting tight deadlines, prioritising tasks and multi-tasking to achieve results.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging problems.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.