About the role
Abcam has ambitious growth plans and our technology capability is critical to enable our business to deliver its strategy. Consequently, we have created a new IT Function called Architecture and are seeking to employ a number of Enterprise Solution Architects.
Reporting directly to our Director of IT China Edward Guo and dotted line to our VP Architecture Jay Parmar, the Technical Architect will be responsible for the development and governance of relevant architecture designs and solutions.
This is a very important role for Abcam and the successful candidate will need to have a number of key attributes.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Develop solution designs in accordance with the key Architecture Principles of Abcam. Solutions are developed against business requirements and where gaps are identified, the architect will clarify requirements and determine the best outcome based solution.
- Develop key artefacts that underpin and support Abcam’s key Architecture Principles; these will be in the form of solution designs and standards.
- Works towards making key decisions and logs and manages Key Design Decisions at project level.
- Peer reviews the designs and solutions of his/her peers and provides relevant constructive feedback as necessary.
- Supports his/her peers and drives for delivering solutions that reduce/manage risk and deliver value for Abcam as a business.
- Participate in the Design Authority either as a key core member or a delegate of the Director of IT to ensure that relevant designs meet with the IT Strategy and underpin Abcam business goals.
- Identify and manage Abcam risks relevant to the architecture.
- Develop expertise in an agreed key domain for Abcam.
- To share and disseminate knowledge to team members.
- Develop strong collaborative relationship with the team and key business stakeholders.
- Works with third party and partner personnel to develop strong solutions.
- Maintains Abcam’s standing in the industry by being a positive example of a professional architect.
- Champions the principle of secure by design and compliant by design in their work and encourages this amongst their peers.
- Provides guidance and educates on architecture to the business and projects; including but not limited to the architecture principles of Abcam.
- Provides support to testing and operations as necessary in accordance with the needs of Abcam.
- Responsible for the overall quality of a solution or their owned domain.
- Have a background in a key discipline such as software development, technical architecture.
- Have experience of solution design, served in a fast paced growing business.
- Demonstrate logical process based thinking and show an approach to problem solving.
- Have strong communication skills and be able to deconstruct technical details into simple to understand business language.
- Be able to articulate context of an idea or solution within the context of Abcam.
- Having Coding background is a must and familiar with Vue / React / Angular JS distal end of at least one other frame
- One or more rear end proficient development framework (Spring cloud / MVC / Spring boot // dubbo / MyBatis), and understand the implementation principle;,
- Master MySQL, mongoDB, es, redis nosql or the other;
- Familiar with related caching technologies such as redis and memcache ;
- Experience with Restful API , SOA or large website development . Familiar container-related knowledge, skilled use of docker, kubernetes tool's priority
As an innovator in reagents and tools, we provide the research and clinical communities with tools and scientific support. We offer highly validated biological binders and assays to address important targets in critical biological pathways.
Already a pioneer in data sharing and ecommerce in the life sciences, our ambition is to be the most influential company in life sciences by helping advance global understanding of biology and causes of disease, which, in turn, will drive new treatments and improved health.
While we’ve evolved over the years to become a leading provider of life science research tools, our ethos remains the same as it was in 1998: helping scientists make breakthroughs faster by providing the highest quality reagents.