Team Lead, Logistics (Overnight shift)
Logistics Team Lead
Overnight Shift (8:30pm - 7:00am)
- To proactively monitor and prioritize workflow in all areas of the department, determine priorities and actively organize resource accordingly to support production.
- Provide summaries of workflow to team members and department managers, identifying and resolving problem areas and suggesting procedural improvements.
- Serve as main point-of-contact for team members
- Receive stock and process orders to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled accurately, efficiently, and punctually.
- Liaise with representatives in other departments to identify and resolve problems or suggest procedural improvements.
Summary of Essential Responsibilities
- Lead daily overnight shift stand-up meetings, organize the overnight shift assignments for staff on Trello, identify priorities and confirm appropriate amount of resource to all functional areas of the department.
- Actively monitor workflow throughout the shift in all functional areas and balance resources as needed; recommend and implement actions based on findings and communicate successes and concerns to management.
- Oversee the prioritizing of inbound products that will need to be processed and report back on daily throughput.
- Contact suppliers and summarize instructions to staff regarding discrepancies with received product.
- Work with our Supply Chain team to maximize productivity, and level out the daily workload by targeting suppliers and assessing processing capacity.
- Prepare the picking and packing of customer and internal orders that will need to be shipped.
- Collect and monitor productivity metrics for kit processing, analyzing daily work totals to make informed business decisions.
- Collaborate with the Kit Quality Specialist on analyzing data for the QC Kit Audit and the monthly Complaint Rate Report.
- Provide local IT support for critical equipment and systems, and communicate issues with our IT teams that work remotely.
- Lead the training and development of new hires on the overnight shift.
- Support with troubleshooting problems to minimize customer impact and escalate any issues.
- Manage and resolve PO notes with Supply Chain, Logistics staff, and suppliers.
- Assist with phone screening potential candidates
- Conduct first round interviews with Managers
- Serve as a mentor to new hires
- Display creativity and resourcefulness in outlining new processes and improving efficiency/accuracy of current processes
- Must be proactive and decisive
- Adheres to all Abcam safety standards and requirements and corrects/coaches any observed violations
- Other duties as required
- 1 year of experience in Logistics
- High School Diploma/GED
- Proficient with MS Office, esp. Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Display solid organizational skills
- Effective communicator interdepartmentally and cross-functionally
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience working in a team-oriented environment
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998,?Abcam plc?(www.abcamplc.com)?began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.??
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.