Talent Acquisition Partner
Based from our global headqudarters in Cambridge (UK) and working as part of the Talent Acquisition team, you will take responsibility for delivering an outstanding recruitment service to internal customers across the business. Your role will be to proactively source and identify and approach outstanding talent, provide external insight into the talent market and create and maintain external talent pipelines.
You will build great relationships with both hiring managers and candidates, ensuring that each have a great experience throughout the recruitment process. This role is a great opportunity to have a significant impact on candidate and customer experiences and to influence thinking and affect decisions.
About Talent Acquisition at Abcam
We are a highly successful and rapidly growing global business focused on supporting research discovery and clinical applications to improve patient lives with ambitions to more than double in size in the next few years and Talent Acquisition has a critical role to play to ensure the success of our strategy and continued growth.
Talent Acquisition is made up of a talented group of recruitment professionals based in the UK, US and China who are committed to help deliver Abcam’s ambitious business strategy by hiring the right people at the right time. The team are experts in direct sourcing and use several tools such as our ATS, CRM, LinkedIn, Glassdoor and the Employee referral scheme to help us attract and recruit world class talent. Talent Acquisition has a great reputation across the business and as such, there is always an opportunity to influence hiring decisions and ensure we never compromise on talent. In addition to recruitment activities there are also exciting opportunities to get involved with transformation projects such as implementing new technologies into our hiring process and developing our employer brand. To achieve success in this team you must be passionate about candidate experience and be willing to find creative solutions to capture great talent.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Partner with relevant business functions to build a rich external talent pipeline directly linked to key roles/critical skills in Abcam, ensuring successful conversion of talent pipeline prospects into active candidates and then hires.
- Utilise talent pipelines and other direct sourcing techniques you will provide an outstanding service to fill all vacancies with high quality talent within agreed timeframes and at the lowest cost possible without comprising on candidate experience.
- Build knowledge and provide insights into external talent presence (i.e. talent mapping) to determine best approach to engage talent and steer workforce planning
- Promote Abcam as an employer of choice and ensuring our employer brand is strong across all relevant disciplines, by building extensive internal and external networks through multiple channels, including attending relevant networking events (internal and external) to meet and assess talent
- Support our Talent Acquisition transformation programme by delivering projects such as employment branding, selection skills training, improved candidate experience and new technology implementation
- Drive and promote awareness of Abcam and recruitment opportunities through social media
Your background will demonstrate expertise as a talent scout, researcher or talent acquisition partner with a track record of building talent pipelines in highly technical skill sets. You will have experience recruiting in a fast paced, commercial environment. Ideally this will have been in an industry such as Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals or Technology combined with an agency foundation.
You will have excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels with a great understanding of the talent market and relevant tools and technologies. You will be experienced in stakeholder management with a strong focus on candidate and customer experience. Experience of talent acquisition transformation and improving quality, cost and time to hire plus candidate experience through the successful delivery of transformation projects would be desirable but not essential.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.