SupplyChain Planner (contract)
Abcam partners with life science organizations to co-create novel binders for use in drug discovery, in vitro diagnostics and therapeutics, driven by the Company's proprietary discovery platforms and world-leading, antibody expertise.
By constantly innovating its binders and assays, Abcam is helping advance the global understanding of biology and causes of disease, which enables new treatments and improved health. The Company's pioneering data-sharing approach gives scientists increased confidence in their results by providing validation, user comments and peer-reviewed citations for its 110,000 products.
With ten sites globally, many of Abcam's 1,100 strong team are located in the world's leading life science research hubs, complementing a global network of services and support.
Abcam has been recognized as one of the top 10 employers in the UK and one of the best places to work in Eugene, Oregon
About the role:
We are looking for a contractor to provide backup support to our planners while we implement Oracle at our Eugene, Oregon site. This role is ideal for a planner who thrives in a fast paced constantly changing environment.
The scope of this role will Finished Goods Supply Planning and some limited raw material planning.
- Responsible for finished goods planning for Eugene Manufacturing. The role includes determining quantity and timing of production batches, optimizing standard trigger points and replenishment quantities to ensure that service level targets (Delivery on Promise, OTIF, Order Average Lead Time, Fill rate) are hit for manufactured product ranges at an acceptable cost
- Ensure communication of stock replenishment dates to customer facing teams; handle exceptions where stock does not arrive on time or to specification
- Ensure that Inventory levels are optimized across raw materials and finished goods, and work with other stakeholders to optimize stock levels.
- Work with the Manufacturing team to support capacity planning
- Contribute to the company Sales and Operations Planning process
- Develop excel based tools as needed
- Work collaboratively with operations and finance to establish the production budget and continuously review/update plan as new information becomes available.
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, advanced degree preferred
Two or more years in a supply chain role
Experience using supply chain planning aspects of ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle
- APICs certification or equivalent (e.g. MIT Supply Chain Micro Masters, CSCMP ScPro)
- Experience in a manufacturing supply chain planning environment, or experience working in a biological or pharmaceutical manufacturing with a solid understanding of planning issues
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
- Proven ability to build effective relationships across all levels and functions in an organization
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and present findings and recommendations
- Experience meeting tight deadlines, prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking to achieve results
- Ability to creatively solve challenging problems