Supply Chain Specialist
Contract through December 2021
About the role
Supply Chain Specialist play a critical role in ensuring that stock is available when customers need it. Specialists work collaboratively with the global supply chain team to ensure that our customer service team has the best possible information to help our customers plan their work. Our empowerment culture is especially attractive to those who crave professional growth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Order stock from suppliers
- Process order confirmations from suppliers and manage Purchase Orders with suppliers before items become overdue
- Ensuring good communication on product and Purchase Order status across the value chain, driving performance, and ensuring that gaps to requirement are appropriately dealt with and/ or escalated
- Work cross functionally with other business departments including Procurement/Logistics/Product Management and others to resolves issues and risk together.
- Resolve issues where incoming stock arrives damaged/incomplete etc.
- Update out of stock notes when long delays occur
- Contributing to the achievement of departmental and business KPIs, including but not limited to: Delivery on Promise, Order Average Lead Time, Fill rate, Inventory, Stock Turn), and to effective supply chain governance
- Be able to learn processes and cover for colleagues when required
- Other ad hoc duties as necessary
You have a BS degree in Supply Chain or Engineering and a minimum of 1 year of experience working in a supply chain role. You have used a major ERP software package such as Oracle, SAP, etc. and you have a basic understanding of how a system calculates a supply plan. You have intermediate to advanced Excel skills and get excited when you learn new functions that can be used to make your work easier. You are a clear communicator – both verbally and in writing. You have an ability to apply critical thinking skills in a fast paced ever changing environment.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognized as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.