Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Planner
About the role:
This role is key to our supply chain organization and the successful candidate will be representing the Global supply planning team in our Hangzhou manufacturing and distribution facility. They will play a pivotal role in the supply chain planning and execution process by interfacing with the central planning team and the local manufacturing and logistic teams.
- Defining short medium- and long-term local material requirements based on system generated recommendations and finished goods forecasts.
- Defining material requirements for Kanban and min max managed products, and working closely with manufacturing and logistic team to maintain good stock accuracy
- Maintaining planning data and ensuring the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for production.
- Monitor external suppliers’ performance and collaborate with the local procurement team as needed
- Work closely with the central planners in the UK and understand the master production plan and global recombinant antibodies demand
- Work with the Manufacturing and logistic teams locally to ensure timely and accurate plans execution
- Work with production supervisors and keep WIP information accurate and up to date
- Monitor schedule adherence metrics and ensure that the production backlog is kept to a minimum
- Develop extensive knowledge of the site’s workforce and equipment capabilities and production capacity to support the central teams with capacity planning.
- Become a Superuser for Abcam’s ERP implementation, covering supply chain planning for the HZ site
- Ensure optimum communication and facilitate cross functional collaboration as needed.
- Update reports and provide data required for performance management meetings.
- Contribute to continuous Improvement activities using lean/Six sigma methodologies.
- Other ad-hoc duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 4 to 6 years in a supply chain role
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (written and spoken) and present findings and recommendations
- Experience using supply chain planning aspects of ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
- Experience in a manufacturing supply chain planning environment, or experience working in a biological or pharmaceutical manufacturing with a solid understanding of planning issues
- Experience handling data and using data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships across all levels and functions in an organization
- Experience meeting tight deadlines, prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking to achieve results
- Ability to creatively solve challenging problems
- Ability to mentor and train junior members of the team