Supply Chain Planner
About the role:
This position will optimise stock and service levels for a portfolio of our products by determining quantity and timing of production requirements, and monitoring performance of the supply chain in meeting them. The successful candidate will interface with local and departmental stakeholders in balancing stockholdings, cost and capacity. This vital role will work across the business to ensure alignment on all the above for a portfolio of our products.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Determining both quantity and timing of production requirements at all stages of the manufacturing process: finished goods, raw materials and intermediate levels. Maintaining this plan, along with an assessment of plan risk, as required
• Ensuring that inventory levels are optimised at all stages of the value chain, working with stakeholders to optimise inventory within approved levels
• Optimising production and manufacturing efficiencies by combining batches of common materials needed by different product types
• Contributing to the achievement of departmental and business KPIs, including but not limited to: Delivery on Promise, Order Average Lead Time, Fill rate, Inventory, Stock Turn), and to effective supply chain governance
• Supporting continuous improvement within the Supply Chain team, contributing and leading as required, specific improvement activities both locally and cross-functionally
• Contributing to the company Sales & Operations Planning and capacity management processes
• Ensuring good communication on product and production/ manufacturing status across the value chain, driving performance, and ensuring that gaps to requirement are appropriately dealt with and/ or escalated
• You have experience in a manufacturing/ supply chain planning environment. Experience within biological or pharmaceutical manufacturing would be advantageous, but is not essential
• You will have a natural attention to detail, an aptitude for problem-solving, great communication and presentation skills, and an ability to build effective relationships at all levels in an organisation
• You will have experience working in ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle, in particular with relevant supply chain/ planning applications
• You will be a graduate in a relevant discipline or be able to demonstrate equivalent work experience
• You will value continuous improvement and personal development, being able and willing to pursue professional development opportunities (e.g. ASCM)
• his vital role will work across the business to ensure alignment on the above for the concerned product categories.
• You will be a solid and capable user of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.