Supply Chain Intern
Supply Chain Intern, Contract - Part Time
Eugene, Oregon, US
About the role:
We are looking for an intern to provide backup support to our planners while we implement Oracle at our Eugene, Oregon site. This role is ideal for a person who thrives in a fast paced constantly changing environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The scope of this role will vary depending upon assignment, but it could include
Create Order Status Reports for key customers
- Order stock from suppliers
- Process order confirmations from suppliers and manage Purchase Orders with suppliers before items become overdue
- Track work order completions for priority customers
- With support from team members, schedule a production operation
- Work cross functionally with other business departments including Procurement/Logistics/Product Management and others to resolves ‘stuck’ work orders
- Resolve issues where incoming stock arrives damaged/incomplete etc
- Contributing to the achievement of departmental and business KPIs, including but not limited to: Delivery on Promise, Order Average Lead Time, Fill rate, Inventory, Stock Turn), and to effective supply chain governance
- Currently enrolled in a Supply Chain or MIS Degree. Junior or above
- Exposure to and demonstrated ability with SQL, Tableau, Access or other database tools
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills in an ever-changing environment.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
- Ability to build effective relationships across all levels and functions in an organization
- Must demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills
- Prior experience effectively solving problems
- An ability to manage and translate large amounts of data into quality information and be able to explain the findings
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.