Supply Chain Improvement Lead
Job Title: Supply Chain Improvement Lead
Location: Waltham, US
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Global Supply Chain Planning team at Abcam as a Supply Chain Improvement Lead. This is a key role in our business and will be principally accountable for the programme management of all functional improvement activities within the Global Supply Chain Planning team, ownership and delivery of specific initiatives. Abcam continues to grow at pace, with our supply chain encompassing four in-house manufacturing value chains, an extensive external network of c.400 vendors managing c.400,000 purchase order lines per annum, and a global, multi-site distribution network. The successful candidate will lead our efforts to continuously improve supply chain performance and service to our customers, and as such will be a key member of the Supply Chain leadership team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish and own a hopper of improvement opportunities on behalf of the Global Supply Chain Planning team, with an added focus on the US Supply Chain.
- Programme manage the prioritisation, launch and delivery of improvement project/ initiatives from the hopper, ensuring clear articulation of status, resourcing needs and risks
- Own and deliver certain key improvement projects and initiatives on behalf of the function
- Being a focal point for the development of a supply chain design toolset, and a continuous improvement and problem resolution mindset within the Global Supply Chain Planning team
- Building and sustaining a network of cross-functional stakeholders, particularly in Sales/ Commercial, Product Management, Manufacturing, Logistics and Procurement, to ensure continued alignment of objectives and direction within the scope of the role
You will be a self-starter, hard-working, enthusiastic and curious individual, with good professional experience in an operational, manufacturing and/or supply chain environment. You will have experience of various lean, continuous improvement and problem resolution techniques and be able to demonstrate their application and effectiveness in a work environment. You will be comfortable in an environment of ambiguity and change, managing multiple projects and with taking accountability in such an environment.
- Proven experience in a complex operating environment, alongside a breadth of experience in operations, manufacturing and/ or supply chain
- Lean and/or Six Sigma training/ accreditation would be advantageous
- Experience of working in an ERP environment is desirable, but not essential
- Relevant degree or professional accreditation (e.g. APICS), and a willingness to continue further professional development activity
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.