Supply Chain Coordinator
Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator
Location: Cambridge, UK
About the Role:
Due to an internal promotion, we are now looking for a Supply Operations Coordinator to join our busy Supply Chain team here in Cambridge. You will be looking after around 50 of our key suppliers, dealing with purchase orders, making sure delivery dates are accurate and liaising with a number of our internal departments, making sure we have the products to keep serving our customers. This could be your first step into a supply chain career if you have a passion for the world of logistics and distribution.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Day to day management of a portfolio of suppliers, ensuring on time deliveries and active supplier relationship management.
- Place/manage purchase requisition and purchase orders.
- Work closely with global supply planning to understand and influence the supply strategy of given portfolio and ensure compliance to inventory policy.
- Work closely with the demand execution team to prioritise orders where needed, pro-actively communicate about potential delays affecting customer orders.
- Monitor Supplier performance and resolve or escalate queries where necessary.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis to understand performance failure and develop and lead an appropriate improvement plan.
- Work closely with the Procurement team to identify and assist with Cost Saving/service level/contract terms improvement initiatives
- Work closely with the logistic sites to manage short- and medium-term capacity and identify process improvements to deliver increased productivity.
- Maintain accurate master data for given portfolio.
You will have a degree in a related discipline or experience working in a fast paced logistics environment where you process orders from a variety of external suppliers. Your strong verbal and written communication skills will include solid use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
You thrive on meeting tight deadlines and have the ability to creatively solve challenging problems. You have also used an ERP system, most likely Oracle or SAP, and are adept at prioritizing tasks.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our new Abcam Growth Plan, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.