Supply Chain Controller - 18 months contract
About the role
If you find supply chain an intriguing profession, this position is an excellent opportunity to learn about supply chain and develop your skills.
The position will be responsible for replenishing stock from our manufacturing sites and logistic hubs. Your ability to accurately plan, execute and monitor local stock replenishments and communicate the details about projected availability are essential to our operations in China.
The job is fast paced, and you’ll be supported with a group of positive team members who will provide help where needed to delight our customers.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Review local SKU demand and maintain local stock and replenishment parameters up to date to provide the best service level in compliance with our inventory policy.
- Order stock from Inhouse manufacturing sites and main logistic hubs to fulfil open customer orders where needed.
- Track order confirmations and fulfilment and liaising with other departments (logistic / customer service) where necessary to resolve queries
- Follow-up with manufacturing and logistic on overdue items
- Resolve issues where incoming stock arrives damaged/incomplete, etc.
- Effectively manage delays related to customs, etc.
- Build and maintain SOPs.
- Work closely with SC and Logistic stakeholders to drive and support improvements.
- Other ad hoc duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in an office, manufacturing, lab or distribution setting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English over telephone, in writing and in meetings
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills in an ever-changing environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excel experience. Must have experience modifying files by sorting data, adding formulas, and working with data filters
- Basic ERP knowledge
- Prior experience in a Supply chain, logistic or customer service function
- Superior interpersonal skills, especially being able to communicate effectively both externally & internally with colleagues
- Must demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills
- Must display great attention to detail
- Experience with MS Office, particularly Excel and Outlook. In this role you often work with large files – intermediate to advanced Excel skills are very helpful.
- Experience using planning, replenishment, stock management functions of an ERP system.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.