Supply Chain Controller (12 month FTC)
About the role
If you find supply chain an intriguing profession, this position is an excellent opportunity to learn about supply chain and develop your skills.
The Supply Chain Controller is the ‘air traffic controller’ of our group. Your ability to accurately organize and communicate the details of order placement and fulfilment are essential to our operation. In addition, your communications about projected availability will have a direct impact upon customers. If you do your job well, we will minimize the number of customers ‘circling the airport’ waiting for information about the availability of our products.
The job is fast paced, and you’ll be supported with a group of positive team members who will provide help where needed to delight our customers.
The position will be responsible for ordering stock from suppliers and tracking the delivery to Abcam. You will also process all order confirmations, track down overdue items and assist in effectively resolving any issues that may arise.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Order stock from OEM suppliers and Inhouse manufacturing sites to fulfil customer orders
- Process order confirmations from suppliers and liaising with other departments where necessary to resolve queries
- Follow-up with suppliers on overdue items
- Resolve issues where incoming stock arrives damaged/incomplete, etc.
- Effectively manage delays related to customs, etc.
- Update out of stock notes when long delays occur
- Other ad hoc duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a school, office, lab or distribution setting
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely to an audience where English may be a second language over telephone, in writing and in meetings
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills in an ever-changing environment.
- Basic Excel experience. Must have some experience modifying files by sorting data, adding formulas, and working with data filters
- Prior experience in a customer-service (internal or external) position.
- Previous experience in Supply Chain is not essential, however, you must have an interest in the field and take the initiative to learn basic supply chain concepts on the job
- Superior interpersonal skills, especially being able to communicate effectively both externally with suppliers & internally with colleagues
- Must demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills
- Must display attention to detail
- Prior experience effectively solving problems
- Experience with MS Office, particularly Excel and Outlook. In this role you often work with large files – intermediate Excel skills are very helpful.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.