Strategic Marketing Manager - Epigenetics
About the Role:
The Epigenetics Strategic Marketing Manager within the Research Area Team at Abcam is a key strategic role with both internal and external facing responsibilities. You will be part of a team of three, headed up by the Director of Strategy and you will have four main areas of responsibility:
- Support the long term development of the epigenetics portfolio through providing external insight to drive new product development both within established product lines and to incorporate new product types into the portfolio in the future, and ensure the delivery of a successful go-to-market strategy for new products.
- Determine the key strategic areas within the epigenetics field each annual cycle where marketing activities and messaging should be focused to deliver the defined revenue growth for the franchise, maximising cross research area and cross product type opportunities.
- Support the establishment of market leadership in epigenetics. You will be responsible for shaping and defining activities that will resonate with our epigenetics audience and developing bespoke, innovative approaches which highlight Abcam’s expertise as solution providers.
- Drive and maximise advocacy with key external experts through relationships and defined projects with both academic and industrial customers, including key opinion leaders who are influencing the epigenetics field. You will utilise your skills to develop excellent customer relationships through structured engagement plans to execute innovative approaches to ensure that both top external experts and emerging future leaders support our products and key initiatives.
Collaborating and working in strong partnership across the Research Area, Product, Brand, Events, Growth Marketing, R&D and Sales teams within the organisation, you will fully utilise inhouse expertise to develop exciting strategic marketing programs to drive demand and lead generation supporting sales initiatives and business objectives to increase our brand perception and customer base through messaging that addresses researchers’ challenges and develops solution based campaigns, activities and associated materials that promote Abcam’s strengths and unique ability to support researchers in their discovery journeys in epigenetics.
About the Research Area Management Team:
Within the Marketing department at Abcam, we are building a team who are highly committed, enthusiastic, and ambitious, focused on collaborative working, innovation, and strategic thinking, and who thrive on the challenge of achieving stretching goals. The team works in a fast-paced environment where they take a solution first approach to problem solving and are very results focused, with a strong sense of accountability for achieving their goals. What’s more, they have a strong sense of fun and energy.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Play an active role in the development and implementation of the epigenetics portfolio and marketing strategy taking leadership for defining critical strategic approaches to embed strategy and drive market growth.
- Develop and cultivate effective relationships with researchers at all levels (from PhD students through to key opinion leaders), from both academia and industry to support the implementation of bespoke activities that will drive growth of the epigenetics research area through active product endorsement and drive further uptake of Abcam’s products and further embed Abcam’s leadership position;
- Develop and mobilise advocates through strong collaboration with key customers.
- Develop and implement strategically aligned and tailored engagement plans to develop external experts into Abcam advocates.
- Integrate External Expert (EE) activities within the epigenetic research area team to drive EE engagement and development in line with strategy.
- Working with the Customer Experience Journey team, design and execute methods for tracking competitor intelligence and develop responses to competitor marketing activities and new technologies.
- Make recommendations on key product lines and market segments to target that enhance Abcam's global reputation as a leading partner for epigenetics researchers based on customer insights.
- Play an integral role in the matrix team that directs effective planning and execution of all marketing and promotional assets to deliver the defined marketing strategy (e.g. campaigns, marketing projects, supporting sales material and other related assets).
- Provide subject matter expertise in assisting the Events team with the planning and execution of events including webinars, home grown events, trade shows and sponsored congresses.
- Design and deliver new approaches to communicate defined strategy for the epigenetics research area to the global Abcam team and ensure a consistent understanding and implementation of the strategy across the organization.
You will be able to demonstrate significant sales or product/marketing management experience in the Biotech/Pharma or Diagnostics industry and be passionate about portfolio development and driving market leadership. In addition, you will have experience of driving the development of marketing strategies to deliver a step change in revenue growth for the product ranges you have managed. You will demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships and influence external experts. You will preferably have experience within the epigenetics research field and in approaches to antibody development and antibody applications. You will have proven ability to effectively work in cross-functional teams and matrix environments as well as exposure to working with digital teams. A minimum of a BSc in biological sciences or equivalent would be necessary and a marketing qualification would be advantageous.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.