Strategic Account Manager Northern Germany
Reports to: Director of Inside Sales
About the Role:
The Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for the generation of new business in existing and new accounts and managing a portfolio of strategic academic accounts, large biotechs and other related accounts in the territory.
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic and tactical management of accounts in your territory including focusing on existing relationships and generation of new business opportunities within key geographic areas in the Region. As a senior member of the team, support the learning and development of the team and take an active role in the development of our go to market strategies in new product ranges or strategies.
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and negotiating on our full range of products and services, which includes RabMAb catalogue products, customised antibody production services, Fireplex technology and additional new initiatives developed by the organisation.
- Identify new opportunities to develop business relationships in Strategic accounts with a special focus on KOL development in accounts
- Develop a Strategic Account Plan for each target organisation that supports our specific business objectives and implement supporting activities, develop key contacts and achieve the revenue goals for each organisation.
- Adopt the Sales Cloud CRM system and use its functionality and content to manage leads, opportunities and provide insight into key accounts.
- Provide regular sales forecasts to management regarding both financial and activities conducted in the territory.
- Promptly and professionally reply to customer inquiries and requests
- Responsible for meeting individual objectives and revenue goals for the assigned territory
- Prospect for new business within target market segments?
- Continually provide market feedback to the organisation around customer trends, market development, competitive activities.
- Work with international counterparts to develop strategies
- Work with E-Procurement manager to manage e-pro functionality in accounts.
- MSc or Ph.D. in Biology or related fields
- More than five years of experience in solution science-based selling in the Life Science market in Pharma and Biotech
- Proficient in managing customer interface and relationship both at scientific end-user level, decision making level
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Experience in selling solutions and services
- Project Management (some knowledge)
- Experience in protein research, immunology and Immunohistochemistry would be desirable but not essential as would a good understanding of drug discovery and/or diagnostic workflows and the technologies employed.
- Proficient in managing customer interface and relationship both at scientific end-user level, decision making level. Ability to work cross functionally.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Attention to detail
Demonstrated ability for problem prevention, detection and resolution.
Travel both domestic and international is required of up to 70% . This will include face to face meetings with customers, attendance at roadshows and conferences, and travelling to sales meetings
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.