Strategic Account Manager
About the role
The Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for the generation of new business in existing and new accounts and managing a portfolio of key pharma/biotech in the territory.
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic and tactical management of accounts in your territory including focusing on existing relationships and generation of new business opportunities within key geographic areas in the Region.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and negotiating on our full range of products and services, which includes RabMAb catalogue products, customized antibody production services, Fireplex technology and additional new initiatives developed by the organization.
- Identify new opportunities to develop business relationships in key accounts with a special focus on high potential accounts in the territory.
- Develop a Key Account Plan for each target organization that supports our specific business objectives and implement supporting activities, develop key contacts and achieve the revenue goals for each organization.
- Adopt the Sales Cloud CRM system and use its functionality and content to manage leads, opportunities and provide insight into key accounts.
- Provide regular sales forecasts to management regarding both financial and activities conducted in the territory.
- Promptly and professionally reply to customer inquiries and requests
- Responsible for meeting individual objectives and revenue goals for the assigned territory
- Prospect for new business within target market segments
- Continually provide market feedback to the organization around customer trends, market development, competitive activities.
- Work with international counterparts in strategies and coordination for larger pharma accounts.
- Work with E-Procurement manager to manage e-pro functionality in accounts.
- Travel both domestic and international is required of up to 30%
- This will include face to face meetings with customers, attendance at roadshows and conferences, and travelling to sales meetings
- MSc or Ph.D. in Biology or related fields
- More than five years of experience in solution science-based selling in the Life Science market in Pharma and Biotech
- Proficient in managing customer interface and relationship both at scientific end-user level, decision making level
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability for problem prevention, detection and resolution.
- Experience in protein research, immunology and Immunohistochemistry would be desirable.
- A good understanding of drug discovery and/or diagnostic workflows and the technologies employed.
- Experience in selling solutions and services
- Project Management (some knowledge)
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.