Services Desk Specialist
About the Role
Abcam is looking for a Service Desk Specialist who will provide first line desktop support to Abcam staff. This crucial role will be primarily responsible for answering queries logged by internal staff and communicating with non-technical audience about technical issues and solutions.
The role offers a wide range of exciting responsibilities that ranges from supporting and training staff in the use of technology, administering user access and privileges, documenting technical knowledge within the wider team, providing desktop support to Abcam staff to deploying new equipment and replacing end of life items.
- Experience working as a Desktop Support Engineer in a Microsoft environment
- Experience managing user access across various systems and applications including Active Directory
- Solid experience in scripting tools such as PowerShell, and familiarity with ServiceNow or other ITSM platform
- Excellent knowledge of desktop hardware, networking technologies and IT security principles
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Desired qualifications in; Microsoft certifications, ITIL Foundation certification, Mac OS, Project Management and exposure to Oracle
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share plan, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, generous PTO/ annual leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.