Senior UX Researcher (3 month contract)
About the Role
As a Senior UX Researcher (3 month contract), you will be responsible for understanding who the potential users are, understanding their needs and maintaining a close focus on designing digital services that best meet their needs. You will take ownership of UX research process for the project and provide strong guidance to the UX research and UX design teams. Key responsibilities include;
- Plans designs and conducts in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development of services
- Leads the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
- Works within in highly Agile environments
- Conducts in-house research to test new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design)
- Works closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction
- Manages ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping
- Presents findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers
- Sets UX research standards within Abcam, whilst maintaining a current knowledge of relevant UX research developments and actively shares knowledge
- Draw together and present reasonable conclusions from a wide range of incomplete and complex evidence and data – able to act or decide even when details are not clear
- Effectively capture, utilise and share customer insight and views from a diverse range of stakeholders to ensure better policy and delivery
- Experienced in working with user centred design methodologies
- Sound awareness of the business and project constraints as they apply to UX research
- Proven experience of gathering user requirements for web based services
- Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys
- Experience within a research and digital environment
- Degree in HCI/Usability/Cognitive Psychology/Market Research or related field
We are looking for a proactive individual that demonstrates the drive and desire to deliver projects to a high standard.
As part of our UX recruitment process, it is important that we can review candidate current and past work. Please include a link to your portfolio, prototypes and/or drawings, which reflects a strong understanding of UX research, interaction and the requirements above.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth.