Senior Strategic Marketing Manager (12 month FTC)
About the role:
As a Senior Strategic Marketer, your role is to create and oversee the implementation of successful go-to-market strategies and campaigns to gain market share in key product groups and customer segments. Strategic Marketing sits within the Growth Marketing organisation at Abcam, working closely alongside the wider Growth Marketing team, Product, Customer Experience Journey, Research Area Strategy, Brand & Comms, Digital, Sales and Regional Marketing teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Customer Insights and Market Trends: Collaborate with CX Journey, Research Area and Product teams to identify, document, and communicate customer challenges, wants, needs, priorities and values to inform product offering and customer acquisition/retention/ messaging strategies versus the competition.
- Go to Market Strategy: Develop a global marketing strategy for existing and new products (repositioning products in specific market segments or geographies if required) which maximises the business opportunity for Abcam in the short, mid and long term; work with Product and Sales leaders to formulate and agree annual revenue targets associated to your product category, customer segment or solution
- Innovation/New Product Introduction: Create and execute new product introduction plans. Create the value propositions for innovations and new product introductions and validate them with key customers. Create sales collateral and deliver product value and positioning training for the sales team.
Marketing (Launch) Plan Execution
- Work with internal marketing production teams or agencies to design and execute inspiring marketing campaigns that create customer value, revenue and growth for your product portfolio or customer segment focus
- Test marketing concepts with target customer groups as necessary
- Work closely with the cross-functional channel stakeholders to create and manage a calendar of marketing activities such as local advertising, promotions, webinars, conferences and thought-leader contributions that support and complement the marketing campaign;
- Track and report the success of marketing campaigns using agreed KPI’s; track overall revenue attainment for your product or segment focus and amend plans as necessary to achieve revenue goals
- Adhere to marketing budgets and brand guidelines
- Produce and launch sales tools which help global sales teams to position and sell your product portfolio or to your segment
- Support sales personnel with customer visits as required
- Provide competitor information, with comprehensive sales messaging and tools to counter the competition
- Consistently champion your product portfolio or segment focus with the sales teams
We are looking for a marketer who is customer-oriented, commercially minded, and able to work cross-functionally to develop long-range marketing plans and deploy agile execution.
This role is ideal for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic growth environment with experience in launching and growing life science/biopharma businesses in terms of customer acquisition and retention. This is a 12-month secondment opportunity which offers a fantastic opportunity for growth and development within Abcam.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.