(Senior) Solutions Marketing Manager
With offices across the US, Europe, and Asia, Abcam is one of the leading life science companies today, achieving multi-year double digit growth with the aim of helping scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Job Title: Solutions Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director/ Senior Director, Solutions Marketing
As (Senior) Solutions Marketing Manager, your role is to create and oversee the implementation of successful go-to-market strategies and campaigns to build brand love and gain market share in key customer segments.
Solutions Marketing sits within the Growth Marketing organisation at Abcam and works closely with the wider Product, Marketing and Sales organisations.
We are looking for someone who is customer-oriented, commercially minded, and able to work cross-functionally to develop and execute compelling and effective marketing plans.
This role is for an exceptional marketer who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic growth environment and is motivated to deliver great outcomes for both Abcam’s customers and the business.
- Define and own an element of Abcam’s audience, research area and product marketing strategy
- Work with growth marketing, regional commercial teams and the wider marketing organisation to execute highly effective campaigns and programmes to grow brand preference and drive sales through our digital and in person sales channels
- Get to grips with our product and research area strategies and translate these into compelling marketing propositions
- Bring insight about our target audiences and show how the marketing we does addresses their needs and reaches them at the right time and in the right way
- Test marketing concepts with target customer groups and scale winning approaches
- Allocate budget and resources to the highest performing activities
- Track and report the impact of marketing using agreed KPIs
Summary of Job Requirements:
- Experience of running targeted, impactful campaigns and marketing programmes to the life sciences industry, biotech and pharma; and ideally of other B2B industries and sectors too
- A really great understanding of the Biotech and Pharma sectors
- Experience supporting sales teams to build strategic account relationships and deliver complex solutions; and running account-based marketing initiatives
- Familiar with techniques to generate actionable customer insights as well as the use of personas and market segmentation
- A life sciences background or proven scientific or technical literacy is required; a PhD in a life science subject would be desirable
- Commercially and data-driven marketer and strategic thinker
- Strong customer and customer insight focus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational / time-management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.