Senior Scientist WB core team
About the role
Due to internal progression, we have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled expert in immunodetection to lead a team of scientists within the Characterisation Team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about validating high quality antibodies.
The Characterisation Team is part of the Antibody Validation and Characterization Group and plays a key role in the validation and characterization of new antibodies. It also plays a key role in validating the quality of our products before they are delivered to our customers.
Reporting directly to our Head of Characterisation for New Products and leading a team of 6 currently, you will be an expert on Western blot and ELISA immunodetection techniques. You will be collaborating with other labs across the world on new products and key research and development. You will have a proven track record of delivering projects with impressive results as well as an ability to teach and mentor others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring high quality validation of new antibodies
- Streamline current processes with a focus on continuous improvements and new and improved methods.
- Communicate clearly with project managers and interacting team leaders, providing delivery dates, updates, and the necessary documentation.
- Maintain high quality standards within the lab; ensuring the lab is compliant with all external and internal quality standards, including ISO9001
- Lead and mentor a team of scientists, creating an engaging environment.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects to meet timelines
- Highly effective analytical and problem-solving skills, including excellent attention to detail
- PhD degree (or can demonstrate an equivalent level of expertise) with experience in industry/academia-setting, (typically 5 years).
- Theoretical and practical expertise in Western Blot and ELISA.
- Experience of leading a team of scientists and team development.
- Understanding and experience with the following techniques: IP – ChIP and IPMS
- Knowledge of CRISPR/ CAS9 technology to generate modified cell lines
- Protein biophysical analysis, including HPLC, mass spec, DLS and Tm measurements would be a plus
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.