Senior Scientist - Technology Transfer
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Scientist to help drive the next phase of Abcam’s Technology Transfer Improvement plans. Reporting to the Head of Cell Sciences and as part of the Validation and Technical Quality group, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring efficient transfer of products and processes between New Product Development (NPD) and Manufacturing. This is a permanent position based in Cambridge (UK) on the Biomedical Campus.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide input to the cross-departmental Technology Transfer group and drive changes through the global operational teams, to enable implementation of a robust transfer and product release process.
- Ensure suitable procedures and forms are in place to drive standardisation between NPD, Technology transfer and Manufacturing for product testing and release.
- Provide technical support to the operational teams to support investigations, resulting from tech transfer issues, impacting new and existing manufactured products
- Collect and report on key metrics within the technology transfer and product release process to ensure compliance, monitor return/value and identify areas for improvement.
- Represents Technology Transfer function during internal and external quality audits
- Help maintain a safe and efficient working environment in the laboratory, ensure the safety of colleagues & visitors and comply with Health and Safety (H&S) policies
You will have a PhD, or relevant degree, with at least 4 years experience of working in the Life Science industry, ideally with experience of working in a technology transfer or validation role. Practical experience of working under ISO9001 (or other ISO standard) is essential.
With excellent attention to detail, you will have good project management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, work across several projects, and to deadlines. You will be an enthusiastic team player; self-motivated and independent with a positive attitude. You will be an excellent written and verbal communicator with proven influencing and critical thinking skills, able to facilitate open and constructive communication with key stakeholders.