Senior Scientist - Immunology
About the role
We are seeking highly talented, passionate and goal driven professionals to join our team. Our group focuses on challenging, technology driven projects to improve recombinant antibody discovery and produce best in class affinity reagents. The successful candidate will lead projects for the development of advanced technologies for antibody discovery and engineering. This professional must possess a strong background in immunology and molecular biology. Additional expertise in antibody discovery and validation technologies would be desirable. The successful candidate will be expected to oversee multi-disciplinary projects and contribute to long-range research planning.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Serve as a scientific and technical leader to guide and lead execution of technology development projects related to antibody discovery and validation
- Maintain a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theory in antibody discovery and development to be able to identify and employ new technologies for antibody and assay development
- Independently design, plan and conduct laboratory experiments in support of research projects
- Identify critical factors and steps that impact the overall success of a project and work to resolve/mitigate any issues to minimize impact on success
- Resolve scientific or technical challenges including, as needed, the development and implementation of new assays to address complex scientific problems
- Analyze data, write reports and present results and project assessments to Senior Management
- Prepare technical reports, product summaries, protocols and SOPs, quantitative analyses and journal publications, where appropriate
- May be expected to train and supervise multiple levels of scientific staff to deliver on objectives within target timeframes
- Possess strong Project Management and communication skills to aid in the progression of research projects
- Presentation to a wider audience may be necessary which includes attendance at conferences to communicate available products, research projects ongoing and data generated and acquire new product and collaboration leads
- Maintain good laboratory records and presentation of regular internal research reports
- Comply with all safety and quality regulation
- Routine maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment used
- May be required to perform other duties as required/assigned
- A Ph.D., or equivalent experience in immunology or closely-related discipline
- 3 years relevant experience in a laboratory setting
- Deep understanding of immunology, especially B-cell, T-cell, and/or NK-cell biology
- Expertise in antibody discovery and validation technologies
- Excellence in directing and managing research projects
- Demonstrated ability to carry out long-range research planning
- Intellectual leadership of research projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with bioinformatics is a positive
- Critical thinking and independent judgement with only general direction necessary
- If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.