Senior Scientist (Antibody Quality Control)
Job Title: Senior Scientist (Antibody Quality Control)
About the role
We are seeking a skilled professional who is passionate about quality control of antibodies to join our team. Taking responsibility for realizing the best practice in quality control standards for antibodies. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing biophysical QC approach for antibodies, ensuring its robust and high-quality running and optimizing QC process and standards within the Quality Control Team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure successful technique transfer of new biophysical analysis methods for antibodies from UK
- Ensure antibodies which pass QC are of high-quality using the outlined analytical techniques
- Analyze and solve abnormal readouts
- Troubleshoot technique problems in RP-HPLC, LC-MS and light scattering methods
- Improve antibody quality control standard and process
- Draft technique document and data analysis report as required
- Provide technique guidance and training to biophysical QC group
- Communicate biophysical analysis techniques with wider teams in and outside Hangzhou
- Educated to PhD level with further experience in industry-setting is preferable
- Major in biology or medicine or pharmacy related field
- Expertise in analytical techniques
- Abundant experience in antibody or protein analytics using RP-HPLC, LC-MS and light scattering techniques
- Strong logic thinking
- Strong bias for action and a “solution orientated” attitude
- Good English skills. Ability to communicate with colleagues abroad
- Excellent organization, coordination and communication capabilities
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.