Senior Research Associate (Temp)
IVD Senior Research Associate/ Research Associate – Burlingame, Ca.
About the team and the role
Abcam’s IVD team is our flagship GMP facility that supports global provision of monoclonal antibodies for onward use in diagnostic and research applications, primarily for use in immunohistochemistry techniques.
The successful candidate will support antibody manufacturing within the In Vitro Diagnostics Team, using their skills to qualify rabbit monoclonal antibody products for supply to our customers to use in support of patient care. In particular, the appointed person, will be responsible for carrying out GMP manufacturing of IVD IHC primary antibodies, adhering to our rigorous compliance requirements, following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and creating batch production records.
• Develop and/or manufacture quality reagents for IVD products.
• Perform immunohistochemical (IHC) stain for manufacturing of IHC antibody.
• Manufacture products according to approved procedures.
• Perform cycle counts / stock taking.
• Document test procedures, organize data and maintain accurate records of work performed according to GMP, QSR and ISO13485.
• Complete and review batch production records to ensure cGMP documentation practices are followed and that information entered is complete and accurate.
• Order laboratory supplies and consumables.
• Support laboratory activities by monitoring equipment and maintaining a clean working environment.
• Participate and contribute in weekly group meetings, manufacturing activity planning and troubleshooting, including reporting results.
• Proactively collaborate with various functionalities to seek the best solutions for the task at hand.
• Communicate information both verbally and in technical reports and notes.
• Comply with all SOPs and safety standards.
• BS Degree in biological
• 1-2 years of industry or academic experience in immunology, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related fields.
• Knowledge and experience in immunohistochemistry is advantageous
• Previous experience in GMP environment as well as prior working knowledge of ISO13485 is desirable.
• Previous experience in quality or providing information for audits.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic team player, with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to prioritize, multitask, meet timelines, and perform simple mathematical calculations according to procedures.
• Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
This position would suit a hardworking, detail-orientated person who is able to function effectively in a fast-paced and close-knit team environment. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about exceeding our customer expectations and supporting the team to deliver exceptional products. An eagerness to perform work to a high standard with attention to detail are a must.
You will be educated to at least degree level in a life sciences-related subject. Our ideal candidate will have some experience working in a scientific industry/lab and have an awareness of working to strict timelines and demanding quality standards. Prior experience in the immunohistochemistry field, as is any prior experience of working in a regulated environment, although not essential as full training will be provided.
If this sounds like you and
you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to
become the most influential company and best-loved brands in life sciences
please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.