Senior Research Associate - Purification & Conjugation
About the role:
Abcam, a rapidly expanding bioscience organisation, are looking for a Senior Research Associate - Purification & Conjugation to join our first-class In-House Manufacturing team. This is a lab-based role where you will be responsible for performing a wide range of purification techniques as well as preparing antibody and peptide conjugates to a broad range of labels, producing high quality results to hit high throughput targets and assisting with the day to day running of the Purification & Conjugation Lab.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Carry out purification and conjugation processes to deliver completed experiments in line with production schedules.
- Prepare weekly schedules for routine Purification and Conjugation processes and support the management of team workload.
- Support troubleshooting activities and support with process optimisation initiatives. Work alongside other team members to support R&D/ process optimisation projects. Prepare associated project plans, design bespoke experiments and liaise with stakeholders to agree deadlines.
- Keep stakeholders informed and up-to-date by sharing all relevant information and take part in cross team discussions. Including presenting data to stakeholders and influencing outcomes through actions.
- Ensure compliance with Quality policies, SOPs and Health and Safety procedures.
- Contribute to the housekeeping tasks within the Purification & Conjugation Lab areas.
- Ability to learn new techniques, keep accurate records, follow instructions and comply with company policies is essential.
You will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a biological science. Previous laboratory experience is desirable, and you will be expected to understand the fundamental science behind antibody production techniques including conjugation strategies.
It would be desirable to have knowledge or experience of:
- AKTA chromatography systems - Unicorn method writing/ editing
- Purification techniques – Affinity, SEC, IEX, HIC
- Conjugation techniques – Protein conjugation chemistries (labels and linkers).
You will be organised and enthusiastic and be comfortable with working autonomously or in a team environment. In addition to this you will have excellent interpersonal skills, be a competent user of MS Office applications and have a customer centric approach.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!