Senior Research Associate - Protein Production
About the role
The successful candidate will play a hands-on role in the company’s antibody discovery pipelines. We are looking for someone who is excited about the opportunity to use of a variety of protein production and purification techniques. This role will also require someone with molecular biology and cell culture skill set. He or she will partner closely with other team members within the group and be required to execute experiments, make observations, analyze data, and interpret results with supervision.
About New Product Development at Abcam
The New Product Development team in Branford is responsible for the development of best in class antibodies using our RabMAb discovery pipeline. This pipeline is utilized to generate antibodies to a variety of different target types.
Roles & responsibilities
- Work as part of the team to implement experimental plans
- Execute experiments under direction of supervisor
- Support all aspects of the antibody generation process for monoclonal antibody projects, with a primary focus on protein expression and purification
- Support data management: ensure the recording and analysis of all processed data in a timely manner, with appropriate population of laboratory notebooks and data management systems
- Help assess information to ensure data quality and completeness of results
- Ability to communicate results to supervisor and peers
- Anticipate problems to minimize issues, work to resolve any issues to minimize impact on success of projects
- Assist with regular assigned laboratory maintenance duties
- Work in accordance with current health and safety procedures, abide by laboratory SOPs and work within Abcam H&S, Ethical, and Quality standards
- Assist in other areas of the new product development team, as required, to support the team in meeting or exceeding deliverables
You will have a BS or MS in biology, biochemistry or a related field and 1-3 years’ experience working in an academic or industrial laboratory setting. Experience and a good working knowledge of standard protein production and purification method, as well as molecular biology/biochemistry protocols. Have demonstrated good laboratory skills and scientific principles. Is experienced in Cell culture including cell maintenance and transfections. You are detail-oriented, organized, able to implement protocols and maintain a detailed lab notebook. You will have the ability to multitask and ability to prioritize your work to meet deadlines.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced evolving environment and must be comfortable with hitting the ground running.
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998,?Abcam plc?(www.abcamplc.com)?began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.?? ?
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.