Senior Research Associate-IHM
Job Title: Senior Research Associate of Recombinant Antibody Development
About the role
The Senior Research Associate of Recombinant Antibody Development is responsible for small scale transfection and molecular cloning experiment in the process of recombinant antibody development such as PCR, agarose electrophoresis, plasmid construction, transfection expression and sequence analysis. He or she will report to Recombinant Antibody Development supervisor.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Daily work of antibody expression on a small scale with high throughput.
- Recombinant Antibody Development- perform molecular experiment like PCR, running agarose electrophoresis, plasmid construction and transfection.
- Compliance with laboratory policy, routine maintenance the laboratory environment and equipment.
- Complete the experiment as required, record experiment data correctly and timely.
- Good knowledge of scientific principles, methods and processes (technical and/or theoretical) used to conduct systematic and objective inquiry, methods of data collection and analyses, and interpreting and reporting results are required, as well as the ability to operate instruments and equipment.
- Identify and solve problems with hands-on involvement and working together with the related teams.
- Make sure the coordination and completion of projects on time within scope.
- Project management on tracking the whole process of project pipeline assigned making sure multiple projects go smoothly.
- Communicate effectively with upstream and downstream, to ensure that the process is running smoothly.
- Perform additional duties and/or other projects as required or assigned.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
- Master degree in life sciences required. Bachelor with rich experience can be considered.
- Biological sciences with 3 years academic, biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience required
- At least 2 years of experience in antibody or protein expression & purification
- Rich experience on cell culture, transient transfection and protein/antibody expression and purification. Molecular biology background and large-scale expression manufacturing experience a plus.
- Ability to rigorous logical thinking.
- Active and initiative work attitude for making progress relative independently
- Must be a highly responsible individual able to execute multiple efforts with high fidelity
- Ability to effectively manage and interpret data required
- Must be highly attentive to detail and well organized
- Skillful communication with colleagues
- Good English reading and writing skills. Good listening English and verbal communication skills necessary.
- Positive attitude, solid work ethic and self-motivated individual desired
- Strong willingness to contribute to bio-industry and help scientists discover more.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.