Senior Quality Engineer (Amsterdam)
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer for our omnichannel platform who brings, a broad set of technical skills and product achievements, a development and customer focused mindset to solving problems, and new ideas and digital thinking into our global engineering capability. Key responsibilities include:
- Practice & monitor shift left testing approach with BDD in the team for a faster, customer centric delivery with highest quality
- Actively engage with engineers to ensure the integrity of the automated test suites and enhance them as needed.
- Maintain andimprovethe E2E tests & Work with engineers and dev ops to ensure high qualitydeliveryinto production.
- Manually test scenarios that are challenging to automate & maintain a lightweight suite of such tests
- Actively participate in all the agile ceremonies
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design and peer engineering groups to improve the quality of the platforms and products required to support our vision and digital strategy
- Work with internal teams and vendors to manage our growth around the globe, with a strong focus on delivering our customer expectations with quality.
- Actively engage with internal teams to improve our test architecture, frameworks and tools to drive quality, accuracy and agility.
- Significant Experience in testing & automation with web and mobile
- BDD with cucumber
- In depthbackendAPIautomation knowledge (postman or any other tool)
- Experience in delivering high quality products with continuous delivery
- Be a curiousand not afraid to ask questions and challenge the way things are done and own improvements to culture and process.(Effective communicator)
- Self-starter and able to collaborateandmanage efforts with teams across geography and time zones
- Passionate about quality and testing practices andcaneducate the peers about them
- Ideally you will have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science OR ISQTB certification
- Ideally you will have hands on experience with Cypress
If you thrive within a transformative, fast-paced start up environment, which is part of a very successful business, then we’d love to hear from you. We are on an incredibly exciting journey and if you’d like to be part of it, get in touch.
In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer our multi-award-winning global share purchase plan, AbShare, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.