Senior Project Manager
About the role
This is an exciting and impactful role in a dynamic team supporting the California production site(s). The successful candidate will be based in Fremont and will support the needs of the In Vito Diagnostics Manufacturing, Cell Line Tech Dev, and Custom Services groups.
The role primarily involves, but not limited to, oversight of the Project(s) to relocate and consolidate the equipment, processes, and groups to the Fremont facilities. This includes but not limited to tech transfer of the processes, space allocation for people, equipment, and supplies. This is a role working cross functionally with technical teams, Quality, Manufacturing, Business Development, Facilities, Procurement and Logistics to ensure project(s) are delivered on time, on budget and meets user satisfaction. Additional projects supporting these organizations may apply.
Roles & responsibilities
- Oversight of project(s), interacting with the key stake holders to ensure on time delivery of all deliverables and ensuring key metrics are communicated.
- Primary point of contact for stake holders, with co-ordination of updates of project progression, organizing meetings and escalation of issues.
- Contribute to the strategy, working with senior stakeholders to establish, monitor and report KPI, aligned to Operational Excellence and Safety performance goals
- Ensuring project strategies are in place to avoid production interruptions.
- Oversight of financial records with accurate performance tracking and dashboard reporting, including liaising with Finance stakeholders for cost collection and supplier invoicing.
- Support business cases and governance of the project(s).
- Be a “Change Agent” to support business decisions and drive alignment with the teams.
- Liaise with other PM team members and technical team to align on processes.
- Contribute to “lessons learned” post project reviews, documenting and implementing process improvements.
- Holds accountable support individuals and teams for timely completion of tasks.
- Support activities to assure ISO certification of the site is achieved.
- Line management of junior project management staff may be required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of experience in Project Management in a technical commercial setting
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects
- Highly-proficient with Microsoft Suite or other Project Management tools
- PMP certification is a plus
The successful candidate will have experience communicating and working on global team, will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively contribute to project teams. The candidate possesses strong communication, organization, attention to detail and team skills. The successful candidate will be naturally self-motived and thrive in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998,?Abcam plc?(www.abcamplc.com)?began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.???
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.??
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.