Senior Project Manager
Abcam are a leading supplier of research tools to life scientists, with a global reputation for high performance products. As we continue our rapid growth and success, we have a need for a permanent Senior Project Manager role within our New Product Development (NPD) function. This role will lead and decide the course of action across a portfolio of complex projects to deliver new product launches within our areas of focus across life science research.
We are looking for a motivated and collaborative Senior Project Manager. This role will work very closely with our Portfolio Marketing and New Product Development teams globally, so effective cross-functional teamwork is a must. This role will be part of the New Product Development (NPD) team and report into the NPD Programme Team Manager. The NPD team sits within the Research & Development (R&D) group at Abcam.
The focus for this role will be on our Licensing & Conversion and Conjugate programmes. This is an exciting opportunity for someone aiming to have a tangible impact on our growth strategy while supporting the delivery of high-quality products to our customers.
The job is based at our Cambridge (UK) site, but the job holder will work closely across several teams in our global locations.
- Plan and design cross-functional projects that deliver on time, within budget and quality standards
- Set controls and establish go/no go decision points appropriate to the project lifecycle
- Establish and track appropriate KPIs that monitor project delivery, gain insights into project execution and resource allocation strategies
- Monitor longer term delivery of project benefits and ensure alignment to Abcam's strategy
- Develop and defend any Business Case for emerging opportunities to diversify or optimise the development platform
- Respond to challenges with rapid decision making and escalates to senior stakeholders as appropriate. Ensure technical decisions and risk mitigation strategies are aligned with customer need and delivery to market
- Work collaboratively with Finance Business Partner to monitor and report project material, labour and overhead spend against budget, and establish a budget forecast for the upcoming fiscal year
- Ensure projects are managed according to best-practice principles - e.g. appropriate governance is in place, required documentation is produced, the business case supports the Business Plan
- Foster strong relationships across the varied commercial partners (internal and external). Partner with senior business leaders and influence stakeholders from different cultures
- Lead, develop and line manage members of the NPD Programme team
- Contribute to the development of an Abcam Project Management community in order to align working practices, develop best practice and realise synergies
- Ensure adherence to Abcam’s Quality Assurance policies and standards
You will have extensive project management experience managing and delivering complex projects with multiple stakeholders, preferably within the Life Sciences sector. Formal project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, APM, Agile) is highly preferred as would a background in antibody development or a life sciences degree/PhD.
You will be personable, reliable, astute, highly competent at project management with outstanding attention to detail and care about the quality and impact of the work you deliver. You are comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and prioritising different aspects of projects where effective communication, leadership are key. You will be a team player, able to take responsibility and manage multiple projects simultaneously in different time-zones, with competing priorities
Advanced knowledge of using MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint would be advantageous.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.