Senior Manager/Director, Customer Experience Journey
Job Title: Senior Manager/Director, Customer Experience Journey
Location: Flexible. Can be Cambridge in UK or Waltham in US
Reports to: VP, Customer Experience Journey
With offices across the US, Europe, and Asia, Abcam is one of the leading life science companies today, achieving multi-year double digit growth with the aim of helping scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
About the role:
The role will work to understand and present business recommendations and solutions for the evolution of Abcam’s customer experience. The role will function internally as a trusted advisor to the business, owning and delivering tolls that enable deep customer understanding, across business and stakeholder groups. In addition, the role will spearhead new ways of engaging with our customers and possess strong customer focus and a desire to affect change on behalf of the customer.
The primary responsibility is to develop and manage customer journeys and personas across behavioral segments. The Director will create tools based on customer insights and apply those insights across each touchpoint of customer journey within the organization. Additionally, the role will partner with key business leaders to align on opportunities for future growth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design of Customer personas and journey
- Development of Segmentation and Market expertise across the business
- Drive Impact and influence business initiatives to better serve our customers
- Provide insights and recommendations on customer needs and current gaps in the business
- Work in partnership with Marketing, Sales, and Digital teams to track market trends, customer needs, and generate innovative solutions and support Marketing initiatives
- Develop innovative and strategic new ideas through collaboration with KOLs and execute on creative ideas
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to translate customer needs into application and operational requirements
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of commercial processes, market landscape and customer segments
- Demonstrated ability to influence, lead and think strategically; able to work equally well with quantitative and qualitative data sources to provide data-driven solutions
- MBA or Master's degree in Life Sciences, Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- Ability to train, motivate individuals and demonstrate organizational influence cross-functionally
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.