Senior Finance Analyst
The FP&A department at Abcam is rapidly growing and evolving having been formed as a sister function to our core finance team during 2015. The aim of all of our FP&A colleagues is to support the various global business units, providing useful and insightful information to the senior and executives leaders to support and add value through the decision making, financial planning and budget management process and this role will sit within the centralised FP&A function with broad oversight cross departmentally.
- Be an integral part of full P&L month end process, to ensure management KPIs are recorded, key Business KPIs are shared, and management account pack is submitted, always within month end deadlines.
- Develop our landing position view, and contribute to external reporting and guide messaging to investors.
- Support budgeting and forecasting processes, ensuring fully uploaded to finance systems and preparation for executive reviews.
- Work with wider FP&A partnering teams to ensure we are producing accurate and reliable financial information and business insight to drive decision making
- Adhoc analysis
- Tableau dashboard design and maintenance to investigate key business problems. for key dashboards used by the business e.g. ROW and LVO
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret financial data into meaningful and actionable insights and conclusions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to communicate to CFO level as well as ability to explain financial concepts to non-financial managers
- Partnering commercial stakeholders including relationship building and influencing
- Understanding of commercial part of the Business and how the financials explain performance
- Excellent financial modelling experience using Excel and Tableau (preferable)
- Undergraduate degree minimum 2:1 or above
- Ideally professional qualification or studying towards e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA or MBA
- Ideally experience or an interest in working in Life Sciences
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.