Senior Director, Sales & Service Enablement
With offices across the US, Europe, and Asia, Abcam is one of the leading life science companies today, achieving multi-year double digit growth with the aim of helping scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
About the Role
Sales & Service Enablement creates an environment for the global Sales & Service teams to excel. It is a new globally centralised centre of excellence, that sets frameworks and processes which create healthy tension across the teams to drive efficiency and improve performance. The Senior Director will lead the global team, set the strategy for the enablement function, facilitate the development of the global sales and service strategies and coordinate various activities across process improvement; training; performance and reporting and knowledge.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Facilitate and own the ongoing development of the global Sales & Service vision, mission, op model & objectives
- Orchestrate, in collaboration with the global Sales & Service Leadership team, the development and deployment of the global and regional sales and service strategies, including project delivery and OKR’s
- Define, deploy and own the global account management framework, including the sales and service value proposition, account tiering and segmentation approach
- Lead Planning & Performance for Sales & Service, including target setting & commissions, forecasting, KPI definition, reporting, active monitoring and insights
- Own the skills and talent development strategy for sales & service, including the global training plan, ongoing training needs assessment, creation and delivery of scientific, sales, service and behavioural training and its impact, and talent sourcing and internal mobility strategies
- Define and own the content and knowledge management strategy, including the regional marketing interlock and service knowledge management for customer self-help
- Lead the definition, ownership and continuous improvement of all sales & service processes and the prioritisation of requirements into Abcam Digital
- Act as the main senior interface into other parts of the business to simplify engagement and ensure alignment on functional strategies
- Build, lead and develop a high performing team that are engaged and motivated to relentlessly drive our sales & service performance forward
- Senior executive with considerable experience successfully leading global customer facing teams
- Trailblazer: Thinking differently and driving step change is your default
- Customer obsessed: outside-in thinker, always in the customers shoes and believes that happy people makes happy customers
- Commercially savvy: can see the market in the gap, quickly connects the faintest of dots and creates compelling opportunities like magic
- Growth mindset: resilient, purpose driven leader who thinks infinitely, builds and sustains positive cultures and inspires others to follow
- Native collaborator: its in your DNA to include others and you know the power of many is better than one
- Action bias: you embrace learning fast through experimentation and see the value in failure
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.