Senior Director of Sales
Director of Sales
About the role
This position has accountability for Abcam’s revenue achievement within the Americas with a key target being to increase market penetration. He/she will be responsible for setting and implementing a regional strategy and deploying and prioritising the resources and activities required to achieve Abcam’s growth ambitions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for visioning and setting the Strategic Direction of Americas region including
- Strategic Direction, Channel strategy, Resource requirements and Global collaboration.
- Developing alongside Global Marketing function both channel and portfolio strategies in the region.
- Development and implementation of a multi-year roadmap that supports Abcam’s corporate strategy and growth initiatives.
- Create specific strategies and plans for Distributor and Aggregator market channels.
- Accountable for quarterly achievement of total revenue for the region across Abcam’s complete portfolio of products, solutions and services:
- Identify and implement short, medium and long term initiatives to successfully grow the region
- With the VP of global Sales, agree revenue targets for the territory and achieve objectives for new customer acquisition and existing customer upsell/cross-sell
- Implement the group forecasting process and tools to ensure robust pipeline management across the territory.
- Implement and manage the sales pipeline across the region to ensure revenue targets are met
- Demonstrate oversight on commercial opportunities, proposals and agreements initiated by the Sales organisation
- Direct pricing (and discounting) decisions within your delegated limits
- Provide leadership and management to the following teams: Strategic Account Management, Account Management/Inside Sales, Field Application/Technical Sales and Regional Marketing.
- Implement the appropriate KPIs and reporting frameworks across the team to support the management and delivery of the revenue targets
- Coach, develop and motivate the Regional Sales and Marketing organisation
- Implement group Sales training methodologies.
- Develop and implement remuneration structures and incentives to ensure exceptional individual, team and financial performance.
- Ensure high engagement above benchmark as defined by Peakon.
- Provide input and deliver on the regional revenue and opex forecast in conjunction with Finance and other regions
- Design and implement an end to end Sales operating model that scales efficiently in terms of people, processes, systems and organisation structure across Abcam’s global network
- Support adoption of consistent disciplined approach to sales and sales reporting across the company through CRM.
- Ensure that the correct resources are allocated in the correct roles to support the delivery of current and future objectives
- Develop business cases to support the investments that support the delivery of our strategy where necessary
- Work closely with other Regional Sales counterparts, Global Marketing, Customer Operations, Digital, Product Portfolio, Business Development, Legal, Supply Chain, Logistics and Technical Delivery teams to ensure aligned commercial prioritisation and excellent customer experiences
- Work in collaboration with wider group teams and structures to ensure the successful delivery of group wide initiatives
- Develop and lead the continuous improvement on all the activities above
- BSc or M.Sc. in Biology or related fields
- More than five years of experience in solution science-based selling in the Life Science market in Pharma and Biotech
- Proficient in managing customer interface and relationship both at scientific end-user level, decision making level and C-Suite
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Ability to realise complex strategic plans
- Experience in wide variety of channels including distributors and Aggregators
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability for problem prevention, detection and resolution.
- Collaborative working ethic
- Travel both domestic and international is required of up to 70%
- This will include face to face meetings with customers, attendance at roadshows and conferences, and travelling to sales meetings
- Many opportunities exist for development within the commercial organisation.
- A good understanding of drug discovery and/or diagnostic workflows and the technologies employed.
- Experience in selling solutions and services
- Project Management (some knowledge)
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.