Senior Director, Marketing
Job Title: Senior Director, Marketing
Location: Cambridge, UK
About the role
As the Senior Director of Solutions Marketing you will be leading a team to develop our global marketing strategy and drive its successful execution.
Reporting to the VP of Growth Marketing you will work closely with regional sales teams and the wider Marketing function to align and execute on go-to-market activities.
We are looking for an exceptional marketer who is passionate, customer-centric and has the ability to lead a dynamic team to deliver compelling and highly effective marketing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Defining our marketing strategy for product categories, research areas and audiences working closely with the wider marketing and commercial teams to deliver great outcomes for our customers and for Abcam
- Leading and developing a high performing solutions marketing team to execute this strategy, ensuring marketing budget and resources are allocated to deliver the best returns
- Building and maintaining a close collaboration with our product and research area teams as well as the sales organization, including coordination of the development of regional specific marketing programs
- Knowing what great looks like - keeping a pulse on marketing trends, best practices and the competitor landscape to ensure Abcam is constantly raising the bar with its marketing, innovating and benefiting from fresh thinking
- You have strong business acumen with the ability to think strategically and creatively, evidenced by having effectively managed large budgets and complex marketing remits
- You have a proven track record of delivering and executing exceptional marketing campaigns and programmes through a team
- Highly analytical and proficient with business tools
- Strong leader with expertise in building, leading and developing great talent and teams
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, and a natural problem solver, excited by growth stage environments
- Persuasive presenter with excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to cut through complexity
- Experience managing agency and third-party relationships
- A life sciences background or proven scientific or technical literacy is required, a PhD in a life science subject would be desirable
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.