Senior Digital Product Manager - Data
About the role:
The Digital Product Manager – Data is responsible for the development and delivery of a critical part of our digital product landscape, ensuring product quality and alignment with our overall product vision & strategy.
You will be accountable for all product data assets across Abcam. This role reports into the Director of Data Management within the Data and Advanced Analytics team, in Abcam Digital. This role includes full accountability for the value that product data delivers in support of Abcam’s vision and mission, leadership of all aspects of its life-cycle from capture to deletion, and responsibility for all aspects of its success.
- Define and champion the strategic vision for product data, in alignment with wider data and organisational goals.
- Support growth of the organisation by ensuring product data is a competitive advantage, as a product and an enabler.
- Collaborate with teams within Abcam Digital as well as in other parts of Abcam. In particular, collaboration with cross-functional business teams, data scientists, digital product owners and system/data architects to realise the full potential of product data.
- Build strong relationships with key PIM & product data stakeholders (including senior executives) to garner support and advocacy for data quality initiatives and to prioritise and drive change to support business needs.
- Own the PIM development roadmap, ensuring physical data models and system configuration enable the full potential of product data and prioritized against the strategic vision.
- Lead the investment case and budget approval process for Data deliverables with support from the Director of Data Management
- Support the triage and implementation of fixes for incident management and manage the relationship with internal support and external managed service
- Relevant experience in Product Management within an ecommerce environment is preferred, with demonstrated experience and success in helping managers align planning and business strategy
- Significant experience of working with data across its lifecycle to deliver business value
- Relevant industry vendor knowledge: DQ tools, address verification software, as well as an appreciation of the GDPR and impacts on data (positive and negative), Master Data Management and data quality improvement strategies
- Understanding of agile methodologies and practical experience of delivering products using agile approaches. Able to help team select appropriate practices.
- Understanding of the product lifecycle and capable of defining and adapting the team to deliver at each stage.
- Practical experience of product management tools and techniques, from roadmap, backlog and release planning to prioritisation tools and techniques.
- Experienced in using product discovery techniques and ensuring products are customer-focused, as demonstrated through use and interpretation of customer insight to drive strategic planning.
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full pay maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave. A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment. What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!