Senior Digital Product Manager (Customer Service)
When you join Abcam, you will have the opportunity to work with a purpose-led life sciences organisation undergoing an exceptionally exciting digital revolution.
We are audacious. We are digitally evolving and need exceptional talent to help us drive that journey. We will design, architect and develop the prototype into a product, make it manufacturable, listen to customers and turn it profitable. The hub is a unique blend of a digital, start-up environment, within a purpose-led organisation, achieving our goal of serving life scientists to achieve their mission, faster.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Dare to be different, dare to be audacious, and you’ll help us change the game in our industry.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented Senior Digital Product Manager (Customer Service) to formulate and drive the vision for our Customer Service/Support and e-commerce product area, using business insight and product discovery techniques. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in the development and delivery of Customer Service digital products.
- Use qualitative and quantitative methods to understand and measure areas of opportunity, progress against goals, and the success of existing initiatives.
- Lead the investment case and budget approval process for the Customer Service Digital Product(s).
- Marshal and direct the necessary capabilities and resources to achieve success of the Digital Product(s) through its life-cycle – including within the Domain, across Abcam Digital and with external suppliers.
- Ability to build and own strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Abcam Digital as well as in other parts of Abcam.
- Evangelise, implement and embed agile methodology in Abcam Digital.
- Ability to prioritize requests in a high pace and changing environment
- Relevant experience in Product Management in areas of Customer Service/Support and e-commerce, and ideally experience with Customer Service tools and processes
- Understanding of the Customer Service area/ workflow and needs in order to accommodate and prioritize the requests of the organization
- Understanding of the product lifecycle and capable of defining and adapting the team to deliver at each stage.
- Detailed practical experience of product management tools and techniques, from roadmap, backlog and release planning to prioritisation tools and techniques.
- Experienced in using product discovery techniques and ensuring products are customer-focused, as demonstrated through use and interpretation of customer insight to drive strategic planning.
- Working knowledge of the Digital marketplace, trends in technology and available applications.
- Deep knowledge of the Digital Products within the remit of the Domain and proven track record in management Digital Products.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of seniority
If you thrive within a transformative, fast-paced start up environment, which is part of a very successful business, then we’d love to hear from you. We are on an incredibly exciting journey and if you’d like to be part of it, get in touch.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.