Senior Mission Accelerate Centre Specialist
About the role
Abcam Customer Operations has an ambitious strategy and an aggressive transformation agenda. A key part of that strategy is to invest in our ability to manage orders that have been placed but not yet shipped. The Order Bank is the key vehicle for managing those orders and is a critical customer point of engagement. This role will be the go-to point of contact for all customer facing teams in Sales & Service. You will be collaborating with the Supply Chain, Logistics and Manufacturing teams in order to answer customer questions and to enable the rapid fulfilment of customer orders.
To be successful in this role you should intrinsically understand the importance of delivering predictably for our customers utilising insight, knowledge and a problem solving growth mindset to work with a global team. Ensuring both that orders are fulfilled and that customers are kept informed throughout the process.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accountable for Managing the health of the Global Order Bank by co-ordinating between Supply Chain, Logistics, Commercial and CMO to ensure that orders are processed efficiently.
- Have a complete understanding of all order management related tasks, working with Supply Chain, Finance, CMO , Sales, & Distributors to understand how and why orders are processed and the use of the correct status within Abcam Order Management systems.
- Work closely with key partners including logistics, supply chain, finance and FedEx to ensure orders are delivered on time and the processes for delivering those orders is appropriate.
- Collaborate globally with MAC teams (Specialists and SNR’s) to ensure Abcam makes effective use of 24*5 follow-the-sun global operations.
- Collaborate as appropriate with Mission prep/Mission Support and Sales when customer contact is needed to?provide a seamless customer experience.
- Be continuously reviewing processes and making suggestions to improve Mission Acceleration processes to support the customer
- Responsible for complex tasks which require expert knowledge to reach resolution
- Support the Regional Manager and act as DOA on specific and cross functional projects and to stand-in for the regional manager as required in management meetings.
- Coaching and Mentoring of new MAC Specialists.
- Skilled at managing your own work and collaborate as a team player
- Strong communication skills, written and oral. Ability to communicate effective across the business, both departmentally and regionally
- Ability to prioritise against business needs, user impact and customer impact globally
- Strong ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Strong influencing skills
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.