About the role
We are looking for a scientist to take full responsibility of the optimization test design and analysis of high value antibodies.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced researcher. You should be able to perform the experiment (e.g. ChIP) independently as well as manage the antibody validation projects.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Conduct and optimize antibody characterization assay especially for Chromatin immunoprecipitation or other epigenetic approaches for antibody validation.
- Study target information through literature review.
- Analyze antibody characterization results and generate report.
- Enhance product through continuously improving the characterization platform.
- Communicate with colleagues from headquarter to implement the project
- Epigenetics research background preferred.
- Experience in ChIP or sequencing is a plus.
- Confidence in critical thinking.
- Good communication
- More than 2 years’ lab experience
- Strong willingness to work in industry and help scientists to discover more.
- Minimal MSc degree required. PhD is a plus.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.