Job Title: Scientist of Manufacturing
About the role
The Manufacturing Scientist is responsible for the production and purification of monoclonal antibody products, trouble shooting and leading production and purification process and technology optimization with the goal of providing consistent, high quality antibody products to our customers. He or she will report to recombinant antibody development and antibody production senior manager.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Daily work of antibody manufacturing. Routinely perform cell culture, antibody purification and processing techniques.
- Identify and solve problems with hands-on involvement and working together with the related teams.
- Project management on tracking the whole process of project pipeline assigned making sure multiple projects go smoothly.
- By working together with manufacturing scientists, develop, build, or test prototypes or new production methods, processes, or procedures for antibody products with higher antibody quality and stability.
- Coordinate upstream/ downstream and other cross-functional communications to support high quality antibody development, production and purification.
- Perform additional duties and/or other projects as required or assigned.
- Biological sciences with 3 years academic, biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience required.
- Prior experience in cell culture, antibody expression and purification
- You should have ability to rigorous logical thinking.
- You should be able to work both on a team (as member and/or leader) and independently to deliver results.
- You should have good organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good English reading and writing skills. Good listening English and verbal communication skills necessary.
- Experience with GMP quality systems and manufacturing operations will be preferable.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.