The PFG Scientist will be responsible for the in-house QC test of high value antibodies.
About (Department) at Abcam
- PFG is the important part of PDM in Abcam. The validation of product is the key procedure in antibody development and quality assurance. PFG is responsible for the antibody characterization and successfully obtained high quality RabMab.
- Deeply understand on targets information, including target function, expression pattern, subcellular location, clinical application prospect etc.
- Solve the problems at QC status
- Decide whether the product is suitable for release or not.
- Understand antibody screening experiments including WB, ICC, IHC, IF, IP and Flow, and judge an antibody by all the applications.
- Have biology related education.
- Have rich experience in WB tests.
- More than 3 years’ experience and be able to do trouble shooting on following laboratory techniques: IHC, ChIP, ELISA, IF/ICC, flow cytometry, western blot, etc.
- Ability to rigorous logical thinking.
- Skillful communication with colleagues and teamwork guidance.
- Active and initiative work attitude for making progress relative independently.
- Strong willingness to contribute to bio-industry and help scientists to discover more.
- Minimal PhD. degree required, with experience of various experiments like WB, IP, FC etc. PhD. Major in biology or biochemistry preferred. Education abroad a plus.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.