About the role
Abcam is looking for a Scientist to join our team in Branford supporting the validation of new products from our recombinant antibody pipelines and will form part of our network of immunocytochemistry experts around the globe. The Imaging team plays an essential role in the validation of our antibodies and new products working in immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry and flow cytometry. We are looking to recruit a highly motivated Scientist with experience in immunocytochemistry.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to projects and initiatives as required within the Imaging applications of ICC-IF.
- Define suitable testing conditions, plan and conduct experiments in ICC-IF.
- As a highly experienced scientist contribute to ideas and establishment of protocol and protocol improvements. Be proactive in their validation, optimisation and documentation and take responsibility for validating new assay protocols and their integration into standard work streams.
- PhD, MSc or BSc in Biology or related fields or equivalent experience in industry setting.
- Has a firm understanding of principles, literature and methods within the Imaging applications of immunocytochemistry (ICC-IF).
- Experience with imaging platform including confocal microscopy, High content Imaging and live imaging.
- Demonstrable experience of immunocytochemistry, cell culture, cell treatments, experimental design, and workload management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize, multitask and work to deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Excellent organization skills and familiarity with a fast-paced work environment are required.
- Independent, requiring minimum supervision, works well with others, and thrives in a collaborative, matrix environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office and accurate record keeping with LIMS
- Be a team player; facilitate open and constructive communication within the Imaging team and other teams within the company.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines.
- Experience of working within the Life Science Industry.
- Post-doctoral experience or significant industrial experience.
- Ability to demonstrate evidence of managing multiple projects.
- Experience in writing and reviewing SOPs and Risk Assessments.
- Actively seek to improve testing conditions for individual products to best demonstrate product performance.
- Validate new assay protocols and integrate them into standard work streams.
- Support existing Imaging team Scientists in various projects, as required.
- Help to establish and maintain high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping. Abide by laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keep accurate Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs).
- Be considered a technical expert, to actively present experimental findings and to mentor and teach colleagues.
- Help establish a safe and efficient working environment in the laboratory, ensure the safety of colleagues & visitors and comply with Health and Safety (H&S) policies.
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognized as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.