Scientist - Imaging
About the role
Abcam is looking for a Scientist to join our team in
Branford supporting the validation of new products from our recombinant
antibody pipelines and will form part of our network of immunocytochemistry
experts around the globe. The Imaging team
plays an essential role in the validation of our antibodies and new products
working in immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry and flow cytometry. We are
looking to recruit a highly motivated Scientist with experience in
immunocytochemistry. This role is a
- PhD, MSc or BSc in Biology or related fields or equivalent experience in industry setting.
- Has a firm understanding of principles, literature and methods within the Imaging applications of immunocytochemistry (ICC-IF).
- Experience with imaging platform including confocal microscopy, High content Imaging and live imaging.
- Demonstrable experience of immunocytochemistry, cell culture, cell treatments, experimental design and workload management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize, multitask and work to deadlines.
- Flow Cytometry and working knowledge of CRISPR is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Excellent organization skills and familiarity with a fast-paced work environment are required.
- Independent, requiring minimum supervision, works well with others, and thrives in a collaborative, matrix environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office and accurate record keeping with LIMS
- Be a team player; facilitate open and constructive communication within the Imaging team and other teams within the company.
- Experience of working within the Life Science Industry.
in writing and reviewing SOPs and Risk Assessments.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Contribute to projects and initiatives as required within the Imaging applications of ICC-IF.
- Define suitable testing conditions, plan and conduct experiments in ICC-IF.
- Actively seek to improve testing conditions for individual products to best demonstrate product performance.
- Validate new assay protocols and integrate them into standard work streams.
- Support existing Imaging team Scientists in various projects, as required.
- Help to establish and maintain high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping. Abide by laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keep accurate Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs).
- Help establish a safe and efficient working environment in the laboratory, ensure the safety of colleagues & visitors and comply with Health and Safety (H&S) policies.
Ever since 1998, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam when our founder has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
You will be joining Abcam at an exciting time of growth and innovation!