Job Title: Scientist, Collaboration projects
Location: Hangzhou, China
About the role
The role belongs to our Research Area and Collaborations Team (RA&C) in our Research and Development (R&D) function, and reports to the Collaboration Manager. This is a permanent role. He or she join a friendly and supportive team with diversified culture and great mentorship for career development.
He or she will be responsible for managing collaboration projects in Abcam and manage relationships with key scientists that we are working with on antibody development projects (we call these scientists collaborators). He or she will master the RabMAb development process and develop antibodies in collaboration with top scientists in research field. This role also provides travel opportunities to attend academic conferences and visit scientists to follow up with research trend in the field.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage antibody development for collaboration projects on a scientific level, including areas of immunogen design, immunization and screening strategy.
- Research into biological targets based on published papers and conferences.
- Antibody screening experimental designing and troubleshooting, including ELISA, WB, ICC, IHC, IP, FC, etc and make decisions to move development to next step.
- Manage relationships with some collaborator and visit collaborators.
- Communication with collaborators and internal stakeholders about project progress timely.
- Work with the wider Research Area team to analyze research trends and the needs of scientists.
- Build presentations and marketing materials if needed.
- PhD in life sciences required, background related with immunology or oncology preferred, education abroad is a plus.
- You should be familiar with and are able to do trouble shooting on most of the following laboratory techniques: IHC, IP, ChIP, ELISA, IF/ICC, flow cytometry, western blot, etc.
- You should have good communication and presentation skills and enjoy communicating with colleagues and scientists.
- You should be willing to travel to attend conferences or visit collaborators.
- Excellent reading and writing in English with good oral English.
- Ability to apply rigorous logical thinking.
- Active and initiative work attitude for making progress relative independently.
- Strong willingness to contribute to bio-industry and help scientists discover more.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.