About the role
The Scientist will be responsible for establishing high-throughput antibody screen methods and platform for RabMAb development, especially for IHC application, to facilitate the antibody discovery with higher efficiency and better quality. He / She will directly report to the Screen Strategy Manager of Hangzhou NPD.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Involve in the antibody screening for tissue- or cell- based applications,
- Design and perform the application related screen experiments.
- Optimize the existing screening workflow for RabMAb development.
- Study deeply on targets information, including target function, expression pattern, subcellular location, clinical application prospect etc.
- Design, plan and analysis IHC experiment, and make product datasheets.
- Solve the problems around IHC application in antibody development.
- Provide scientific support of IHC application for customers.
- Perform additional duties and/or other projects as required or assigned.
- You should have the Master or PhD degree in either biology, human or animal medicine. Education abroad a plus.
- You’d better to have both histologic and pathological background. Plenty IHC experience is necessary, and IHC-Fr experience preferred.
- Familiar with most and master some of the other regular antibody characterization methods, including ELISA, WB, ICC, IF, IP and FC. Experience of high throughput screening preferred.
- Ability to rigorous logical thinking.
- Skilful communication with colleagues and teamwork guidance.
- Have good adaptability and learning ability.
- Active and initiative work attitude for making progress relative independently.
- Strong willingness to contribute to bio-industry and help scientists to discover more.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.