About the role
*please note this is a 6-12 month full-time contract role/benefits offered for this role.
You will join a cross-functional team delivering recombinant antibodies for use in immunohistochemistry applications, developed and manufactured under FDA QSR and MDSAP/ISO13485 (2016) quality standards. These antibodies are supplied to our customers for use in critical care, serving as diagnostic reagents in pathology settings. The role is based in Burlingame, California and part of the In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) team, reporting to the Principal Scientist of IVD.
The focus of this role will be to contribute to the development and validation of qualified reagents for IVD immunohistochemistry products.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and perform experiments for new products for use in immunohistochemistry
- Test and validate IHC product lines for IVD market under design control guidelines, review, interpret staining results and create reports
- Responsible for technical aspects of development of IHC antibody products
- Responsible for writing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other documents under FDA QSR and ISO13485 guidelines
- Responsible for writing scientific marketing materials
- Responsible for transfer of product specifications from development stage to manufacturing under FDA QSR and ISO 13485 guidelines
- Provides higher level technical supports for IVD IHC product line to internal and external customers
- Communicate detailed information both verbally and in technical reports
- Role model a safe working environment, adhering to Abcam’s SOP, H & S standards and Operational Excellence policies
- You will have a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent experience) in cell and molecular biology, pathology, biochemistry, immunology or other Life Sciences with a minimal 3 years of relevant experience
- You will be well versed in IHC techniques with experience in developing immunoassays using flow cytometry (FACS), enzyme-linked immunoassay (ELISA), Octet or other advanced immune-assays being advantageous
- Possessing strong self-motivation, you will be able to demonstrate experience of working with a strong attention to detail whilst handling multiple tasks following defined timelines
- An ability to establish strong working relationships with colleagues and with external collaborators and customers will be second nature
- Excellent communication skills are a pre-requisite for this position, and you will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and have an ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- It will be beneficial if you have experience in product development processes such as IVD product design control and manufacturing
- Working experience in an industry setting is advantageous
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.