About the role
Abcam is looking for a Scientist to join our team in Branford supporting the antibody discovery pipeline and will form part of our global antibody discovery network of experts. The successful candidate will play a hands-on role in the company’s antibody discovery pipelines. We are looking for someone excited about the opportunity to develop and continually optimize a variety of immunology, molecular biology, cell culture, and screening techniques in support of high-quality recombinant antibody discovery. This role reports to the Antibody Discovery Binder Development Team leader. This role may manage research associates and will work closely with other team members within the group.
About the Team
The New Product Development team in Branford is responsible for the development of best in class antibodies using our RabMAb discovery pipeline. This pipeline is utilized to generate antibodies to a variety of different target types.
- Demonstrable experience with antibody development on both traditional and recombinant antibody methods. Hybridoma development and maintenance experience required.
- Experience with relevant and current cell culture techniques
- Candidate should be familiar with most current principles, literature, and methods within antibody discovery.
- Hands on experience programming and using automated liquid handlers in the Antibody Discovery process
- Work collaboratively within regional team and across global teams
- Excellent data tracking and record keeping required, including appropriate population of laboratory notebooks and data management systems
- Present reports and results both to the global leadership teams and at scientific meetings and conferences
- Support trouble shooting of technical issues, work to resolve any issues to minimize impact on success of projects
- Strong understanding of delivery impact on the organization and time management skills, ability to multitask
- Lead by example as a strong laboratory citizen by following best lab practices. Assist with regular assigned laboratory maintenance duties
- Work in accordance with current health and safety procedures, abide by laboratory SOPs and work within Abcam H&S, Ethical, and Quality standards
- Assist in other areas of the new product development team, as required, to support the team in meeting or exceeding deliverables
- A BS, MS, Ph.D., or equivalent experience in immunology or closely related discipline with 8+ years relevant experience in an industry laboratory setting
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
You have more than 6 years’ experience successfully leading teams in generating antibodies using traditional and recombinant methods in an industrial laboratory setting. You are an expert in antibody development and have working experience in hybridoma development and maintenance methods. Additionally, you have a proven track record for delivering as expected on time. You have demonstrated good laboratory skills and scientific principles. You are experienced in many techniques included but not limited to ELISA, Flow Cytometry, Western Blot and Immunocytochemistry. You can multitask and to prioritize your work to meet deadlines. You can work both independently and collaboratively and can differentiate which is appropriate and when. You are detail-oriented, organized, able to write and implement protocols and maintain a detailed lab notebook.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced evolving environment and must be comfortable with hitting the ground running. If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998,?Abcam plc?(www.abcamplc.com)?began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.??
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.